- Thursday, they made me an offer. A damn good one, complete with relocation. It's a few dollars less than I make now, but it's VERY good for the market I'm moving to.
- Friday, I bit my tongue and told only those closest to me. I told the recruiter I wanted to take the weekend to think about it. The truth is, I wanted to take the weekend and talk to C, since this is a HUGE step in the right direction for us. If his heart isn't in it, there's no need in me moving. Turns out, his heart is in the same place as mine.
- Saturday, we drove to Jacksonville, detouring though Henderson which is where we hope to find a home to rent. It will be difficult and may not happen by the time we start, but I'm hopeful. Henderson is in the middle of where we each need to be- me 30 minutes west and he's 30 minutes east. However, we're open to options.. possibly the south Kilgore area and all small towns in between. If anyone knows anyone in that area, PLEASE let me know.. it's my last and only thing to worry about!
- Sunday, we rested. We went to lunch, looked at cars (since I will FINALLY be able to comfortably afford one) and just hung out with each other. We enjoyed a scrumptious meal in Shreveport at one of those Japanese restaurants where they cook at your table. YUM!
- Monday. Oh Monday. That was the day I accepted the position. And I called ads in the paper for houses for rent. And I called real estate offices in hopes they also handled rentals, all to no avail. There is a house that will be ready in a couple of weeks that is being "redone". It's a three bedroom in Overton. Google it, I did. C and I relaxed on the porch, watching a blazing fire which resulted from him cleaning out his closet. I'm taking mine to Goodwill- he burned his... and what was left of hers. Shoes and all. It was very cathartic for him. Me? I took target practice on a cock-- a rooster, for those of you wondering. We found a nice ceramic pencil holder in the back bedroom and I made handy use of his .22. Blew the head right off and a couple more shots left him in shambles. *baCOCK*
- Today, I worked. And I worked hard. The only break I took was to go to the doctor to try and heal the ringworm my dog seems to have given me. We got another termination today. . it wasn't mine though. I called my boss who was on vacation about 5:30 and gave notice. We talked for an hour and a half. It was full of "What the hell am I going to do" and "I hate it for me, but I'm happy for you" comments. And I believe that she is. I put it in writing in a very nice email, thanking her for the years and for being a great teacher, mentor and friend. And I honestly feel that way. I told her that phone call was harder than breaking up with a few guys I've dated.
So, now you're all caught up, internet. I'm moving on.. and fast. It's crazy how one phone call on a Thursday could change my life. Stick around.. there's plenty more to come.