I apologize for the delay. It seems the "new" AT&T was finally able to pull their heads out of their asses and get me connected. It's amazing how much you can miss something once it's gone. And by gone, I mean, GONE. So, where was I?
- Thanksgiving, aka Move Day 2007, was hell. At one point, I was sitting in a carwash bay on the side of I-20 praying for the Lord to show me something to be thankful for, which he ultimately did. Out 2.5hr trip from Dallas to Tyler, ended up being about a seven hour trip to C's carport. Maybe you saw the Cowboy's game on Thanksgiving day-- remember the snow? That's about the time we were ready to leave my apartment. The snow turned to sleet which turned to rain that lasted our entire trip. We bought tarps three different times but each time they came apart and were left on the side of various highways. I cried out of frustration to my mom over all of my belongings being ruined. But, just like He always does, the Lord heard my worries. Not one thing was ruined in the move. Hallelujah!
- I started work last Monday and I'm still lost as a goose, but I suppose that is to be expected. I really like my boss and the other ladies I work with and I look forward to the day I actually understand what it is I'm supposed to be doing.
- My drive is about 30 minutes, one way. Believe it or not, I actually like it because it gives me time to prepare for, and then decompress from my day. I get some good XM time in, too.
- For the first time in my life, I don't have to fill out a timesheet or justify my time. Finally, I am being treated like I really am in an exempt position! As long as my work is getting done, they're very flexible. It's the little things, people.
- I still don't have cable, which is a whole 'nother issue. I refuse to pay $75 a month for something I rarely watch. So, C has a plan with a spare Direct TV box he has-- we'll see if that works out. I can live with or without just about anything for six months.
- I'm an hour and a half away from C. I can't begin to tell you how great that is. We've had dinner together and sleep overs and even there and back evening visits. Last Friday, I was in my bosses office and it was pushing 5:00 and I was already anxious to get on the road. Then I realized I didn't have to fight rush hour traffic or the interstate or have the pedal to the metal for three hours. Just a winding trip east and I'm there. Give it time though, I'll soon be bitching about the "long drive".
- Gas, however, is not. The petro kind, of course. I'm already thinking about downsizing to *gulp* a CAR. Maybe something crazy like a Mini Cooper even! But, Yukon, how I love thee. We'll see.
- My apartment is pretty sad. I took my sister's awful, uncomfortable couch to my mom's so she can have it back. So, the contents of my living room include my recliner, a coffee table, an end table and an entertainment center. C's supposed to let me borrow his loveseat, though.
- Note to visitors, even though I have two bedrooms, the second bedroom is not fully functional at this time. It is a very nice sized closet though.. :) Seriously, though. My lease is only six months long and no one "visits" Tyler.
- I'm blocked on Myspace, Perez Hilton, Galleywinter and a lot of other sites probably at work. I can't see YouTube or some pictures either. I thought they were going to block my from my email, but that was enabled the next day. The temporary block was probably meant as a warning. And, to make matters worse, I have ZERO cell signal in my office. So, if you need me, and it's urgent and you don't have my work email or number- find someone who does.
- I need a haircut. And Campisi's. And some Brandon Rhyder and Walt Wilkins acoustic.
- I think I'm getting sick, or at least developing a nice sinus infection. I know I have insurance, the HR guy just hasn't had a chance to tell me anything about it or when I can expect an insurance card.
- A sinus infection should travel nicely, since I'm going to Chicago next Wednesday for a day of training on Thursday. O'Hare, people. I've heard the horror stories. And, let's not forget, Chicago. In December. *burrrr* But, it is Christmas time.. I just wish we were going to actually be in the city. We're going to be at a campus about 45 minutes north- bummer.
- C has been keeping Shiner. Yes, I paid a $300 non-refundable pet deposit only for C to say he doesn't like the looks of my neighbors and doesn't want me out after dark walking him. Plus, if C and I are going to one day cohabitate, Shiner has GOT to get used to him and get over being such a mama's boy. He's being such a good boy though and I miss him.
- I miss my friends. I have none here. No one to grab a beer with after work. No one to have lunch with- I've been eating at my desk. But, I guess those are the sacrifices I made.. and I really am happy where I am.
So, there you have it. I'm sure I left things out, so I'll try to be more timely about updating. Twenty shopping days 'til Christmas-- wow.