- I am a self proclaimed addict to Oprah & Friends, XM channel 156. Yesterday, I bought three books I'd heard about while listening and wanted a fourth which was not in stock. They were:
The last one is the one I didn't get, but sounds really interesting. Basically the authors looked at restaurant foods and found an alternative which had a LOT fewer calories. For example: A 6" personal pan Uno's Pizzaria pizza was equivalent to 18 slices of a Domino's thin crust cheese pizza. Anyway, it's on my list.
- C & I are trying desperately to eat better. He's obsessed about his teeny tiny little belly and is convinced it's heart attack fat that will eventually kill him. Trouble is, he doesn't lose weight there- he loses weight in the already skinny rest of his body! We bought matching digital scales, so we are now among the weight obsessed. I haven't owned a scale since I moved out at the age of 18. Ugh.
- I'm slowly but surely adding worth to my office. This week, I threw myself into building (and learning) an Access query. It took an inordinate amount of time, but I think I've managed to produce a quality product. Yes, it's Thursday and I started on it Monday afternoon. So?
- I wish I would have been in Steamboat. While I was at work waiting for 5:00, the Musicfest'ers were choosing what show to go to at 3:00. It's a rough life. At least I've gotten to live vicariously through a few calls and texts-- and the XM broadcasts! Hallelujah! I sure hope someone recorded them.
- I'm expecting my new down comforter to arrive Monday. I originally ordered it the Sunday before NYE after we bought C one at Kohl's in Shreveport. I loved his and he wanted to get me one, too. So, I ordered it and waited. And waited. And then Tuesday, I got an email saying my order had been cancelled due to product availability. I called last night and wouldn't you know they had "a ton" of them-- but they weren't as deeply discounted as the price I had originally gotten. My theory is that they didn't want to honor the price which was $30 less than it is now-- but the helpful representative reordered it for me and gave me the original price-- and sent it priority air with no shipping fees. Score!
- Speaking of honor. My old apartment complex in Dallas-- you know the one. The one where I broke my lease to move to Tyler for a job? On 12/28, I got a letter/statement from them saying my account was past due and that someone from collections would be contacting me to retrieve the $3,400 I owed them. You read correctly. They want me to pay for all rent through March when my lease was originally scheduled to expire. Now, I've already paid them a "reletting fee" and paid back all of the "concessions" (discounts) I received during the current lease period. On top of that, now I'm allegedly responsible for rent, too. Now tell me, what sense does that make? If I knew it was going to cost me this much, I would have just kept the apartment!! I've tried to call them twice to discuss it since the corporate office knows nothing about it-- odd, don't you think? I also find it odd that the letter was sent on 12/21 but so far, no one has called me or sent me another notice. I'll pay whatever I owe, but don't think for a second I'm not going to send a friend down to knock on the door and see if the apartment has been leased!
- I have jury duty on Monday. I'm hope it's cancelled, but a day off wouldn't be awful either!
Some poeple don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly
They gather their courage and they give it a try
And fall under the wheels of the time going by - Trapeze, Patty Griffin