2.11.2008

You and me goin' fishin' in the dark...

Well, maybe not in the dark, but we tore up some white perch and bass in my mom's pond (and we put them all back.. well, all but one). Here I thought all she had were catfish. We took the pups, packed some beer, bought some minnows and away we went. I can't think of a better way to have spent such a beautiful Saturday afternoon. We pushed our luck and tried to make it two days in a row, but we didn't have any minnows and the fish were fickle. So, we shot turtles instead. Well, C shot them and I missed a lot. Behold.. my handsome man, some purty fish and a gorgeous day.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your haircut!! Looks like y'all had a wonderful day... I wish Spring would hang around for good ~ Saturday was BEAUTIFUL !

Heather said...

I miss your pretty face! And Clint too... ;)

StephanieG said...

I can't think of a better way to spend a saturday afternoon either! i haven't fished once since i moved to Houston...i need to change that

Diane Mandy said...

I think you, the fish, and the man are all 'purty'!

Anonymous said...

Perfect.

Just perfect.

Both of you. And your pretty dogs too!

Woodrow said...

Is a white perch the same thing as a crappie?

Sara said...

Yes, W, google tells me they are one in the same. C was very impressed at their size, too, for whatever that's worth.

Anonymous said...

I bet Shiner LOVED fishing! Oh and you two still just make me smile and give me hope :)

Sara said...

E, Shiner LOVED fishing! He also developed quite the taste for minnows-- aka SHINERS! He's such a little toot. Literally... and a little fishy!