4.17.2009

Rebound

This is going to sound silly, but sometimes I forget that I'm a mom. Let me clarify by saying, I KNOW I have a kid and I can't forget that, but the title is what I forget. Like routine questions when you meet someone new- "Do you have any kids?" My first reaction is to say "Nope! Not yet" but uhhh, I do.

Mother's Day is coming up and I'm trying to decide what to do for my mom and MIL. I forget that for the first time in my whole entire life, finally I'm included. Last Mother's Day, I had just found out I was pregnant and no one knew except C. I'm fairly certain a snide comment was made about how I'd never have children and I remember it being very hurtful knowing I was carrying a teeny baby in my womb. I thought, "Just wait til next year!!!" And now, here I am. A walking, talking M.O.M.

I've got stories and pictures and circles under my eyes. I've got pee'd on clothes and drooled on shoulders. In fact, just this morning, I got snotted on for the first time. (It was gross, trust me) I've got tubes of dirty diapers from the Diaper Genie and poopy clothes from daycare. All of that and the cutest, sweetest baby in the world.

I don't want to discount my life before the baby, because I had a really good life, but man. This is the good stuff. This is what I've been waiting for. This is... it.

2 comments:

Woodrow said...

I'd forgotten all about the diaper genie. Those things are worth their weight in gold.

Erica said...

This post brought a tear to my eye. It just makes me so happy!