9.22.2009

These are a few of my favorite things: Baby Edition

Last week, I had a request for a post about my baby must-haves. First, I was flattered that someone actually requested a post topic. Second, I thought- hey, why haven't I written this already because I totally know what I'm talking about! So here goes. My opinions are just like that, so take them for what they are worth. Also note that as of today, my toot is only 8.5 months old (only? more like ALREADY?!) and not toddling just yet.

Part One - Travel
You may think this topic isn't important, but one of the very first things you'll ever use is your carseat coming home from the hospital. Choose wisely...

  • Infant vs. Convertible Seat - First let me define what I'm talking about because I was CLUELESS. An infant carseat has much lower height and weight restrictionthan a convertible carseat, some of which will accomodate up to 50lbs. To me, the advantage of an infant carseat was that it is removeable from the carseat base (which stays in the car) and can double as a "carrier". Who wants to wake a sleeping baby to get it out of the carseat to run in the grocery store? With an infant seat, you just take the whole seat with you. We JUST upgraded to a convertible seat a month ago. Yes, it's an added expense, but to me, the trade off is totally worth it. And for what it's worth, we just upgraded to a convertible seat about a month ago (7 months).
  • Travel System - A travel system is an infant seat/stroller combo. While the infant seat is being used, it can be clicked into the stroller for easy free-wheeling. Once the baby outgrows the infant seat, the stroller can be used normally for years to come (up to 50lbs). Pictured is the exact one we have, including the infant seat.



Part two coming soon. What? You think I just whipped this out in 10 minutes? It's taken me a WEEK to click "publish"!

No comments: