8.18.2007

interview

Initially, when I spoke with the lady who did my phone screen, I was told there was a tax position, an audit position and a "client services" (bookkeeping) position. The lady I spoke to used to be an auditor (on the client side, not what I do) in Dallas, so I was certain she could make the distinction between what I do and what she did.

Obviously not.

I walked in and she told me I could be meeting with the Manager of the Client Services group. I knew immediately that I didn't have the education and/or qualifications he wanted. So, I played the game and answered his questions (no, no, no, no) and told him I wasn't what he needed. He agreed and I left. Another waste of an afternoon.

I got another call from some company in Houston who was interested in my soley because of my experience with a Big 4 firm. Ridiculous. Too bad I don't want to move to Houston or she probably would have made me an offer on the spot.

On the way home, I talked to C about the opportunities that were available for me out here. They're very limited, obviously, which is a HUGE frustration. But, "something will turn up". And, I believe that and I pray for it- for my own sanity.

So, thank you all for the well wishes. I'm sorry the update isn't more joyful, but at this moment I'm beat down. But, I have to keep reminding myself, I did get a promotion which is more than I had at the beginning of the week.

2 comments:

Diane Mandy said...

Something will turn up! Hang in there!

Heather said...

Please update. I am BORED at work and I need more stuff to read. :)

LOVE YOU!