Remember when I ranted about my old apartment complex wanting me to pre-pay my rent through the end of my lease term? Well, I had my very own Nancy Drew (aka Cori) go investigate and see if anyone was living in my old apartment. And what do you know? I was so happy to hear those voicemails and EQUALLY as happy that I hadn't written them that check! So, hopefully that's done with. I haven't heard anything else from them.
Thank the Lord for small favors. That money will now go towards a down payment on a new, economically friendly car. Blah. I hate the thought of being a CAR owner, but I'll live. It's the smart thing to do and sometimes being a grown up means not always getting what you WANT, but getting what makes sense.
What do you think?
- Canned air
- Brandon Rhyder ticket stub from Saturday night
- BLISTEX (regular flavor, thankyouverymuch)
- My beloved iPod
- Nick & Allison koozie
Five things to my left:
- Work Badge
- Sundance box
- DSW receipt
Five things behind me:
- Sera-soft blankie
- TV, blah, blah
- Empty water bottle
Five things in front of me:
- Monitor (duh.)
- Keyboard (double duh.)
- My hands
- My nose
- The rest of my life
Yes, I'm a dork, but I'm also bored. Wednesday night strike tv blows. I'm looking very forward to going to sleep early, but at this moment, I'm not tired enough (which my boyfriend would find impossible to believe). What's new with me? Well, I can't tell you just yet. And other than what I can't tell you- absolutely nothing. And, before you get your panties in a wad, what I can't tell you is nothing to tell anyway! Yet...
R is for REDNECK...
I got an email from a friend this morning and that was the first line. Talk about making me catch my breath.. I can't put into words how closely this resembles my heart. Nothing is perfect, but there is such a thing as happy and that is all I can ever hope to maintain. It takes a lot of work so as to not upset the delicate balance. It takes smiling when you don't want to smile and laughing when you don't feel like laughing and loving when all you want to do is sleep. My thought is, if it makes him happy and doesn't make me miserable, it's worth it.
Usually when we're ending a phone call, I make a point to say "I love you." I never drop the "I" because to me, it's important. It's not casual, to me. It's something I mean every single time and I want to say it as such. Whether he recognizes it or not, at least I know that I told him. It used to bother me that sometimes he rolls "love you" and "bye" into one word- sort of like, "loveyoubye", but it doesn't anymore. In fact, it makes me smile.. that's my guy.
As long as there's the chance I'll be lucky enough to spend the rest of my life with him, telling him "I love him", making him smile, well, I'll take that chance.
Little pink dress, hanging by her knees...
- I am a self proclaimed addict to Oprah & Friends, XM channel 156. Yesterday, I bought three books I'd heard about while listening and wanted a fourth which was not in stock. They were:
The last one is the one I didn't get, but sounds really interesting. Basically the authors looked at restaurant foods and found an alternative which had a LOT fewer calories. For example: A 6" personal pan Uno's Pizzaria pizza was equivalent to 18 slices of a Domino's thin crust cheese pizza. Anyway, it's on my list.
- C & I are trying desperately to eat better. He's obsessed about his teeny tiny little belly and is convinced it's heart attack fat that will eventually kill him. Trouble is, he doesn't lose weight there- he loses weight in the already skinny rest of his body! We bought matching digital scales, so we are now among the weight obsessed. I haven't owned a scale since I moved out at the age of 18. Ugh.
- I'm slowly but surely adding worth to my office. This week, I threw myself into building (and learning) an Access query. It took an inordinate amount of time, but I think I've managed to produce a quality product. Yes, it's Thursday and I started on it Monday afternoon. So?
- I wish I would have been in Steamboat. While I was at work waiting for 5:00, the Musicfest'ers were choosing what show to go to at 3:00. It's a rough life. At least I've gotten to live vicariously through a few calls and texts-- and the XM broadcasts! Hallelujah! I sure hope someone recorded them.
- I'm expecting my new down comforter to arrive Monday. I originally ordered it the Sunday before NYE after we bought C one at Kohl's in Shreveport. I loved his and he wanted to get me one, too. So, I ordered it and waited. And waited. And then Tuesday, I got an email saying my order had been cancelled due to product availability. I called last night and wouldn't you know they had "a ton" of them-- but they weren't as deeply discounted as the price I had originally gotten. My theory is that they didn't want to honor the price which was $30 less than it is now-- but the helpful representative reordered it for me and gave me the original price-- and sent it priority air with no shipping fees. Score!
- Speaking of honor. My old apartment complex in Dallas-- you know the one. The one where I broke my lease to move to Tyler for a job? On 12/28, I got a letter/statement from them saying my account was past due and that someone from collections would be contacting me to retrieve the $3,400 I owed them. You read correctly. They want me to pay for all rent through March when my lease was originally scheduled to expire. Now, I've already paid them a "reletting fee" and paid back all of the "concessions" (discounts) I received during the current lease period. On top of that, now I'm allegedly responsible for rent, too. Now tell me, what sense does that make? If I knew it was going to cost me this much, I would have just kept the apartment!! I've tried to call them twice to discuss it since the corporate office knows nothing about it-- odd, don't you think? I also find it odd that the letter was sent on 12/21 but so far, no one has called me or sent me another notice. I'll pay whatever I owe, but don't think for a second I'm not going to send a friend down to knock on the door and see if the apartment has been leased!
- I have jury duty on Monday. I'm hope it's cancelled, but a day off wouldn't be awful either!
Some poeple don't care if they live or they die
Some people want to know what it feels like to fly
They gather their courage and they give it a try
And fall under the wheels of the time going by - Trapeze, Patty Griffin
We made a mad dash to Ft. Worth for NYE and saw Josh Grider and Walt Wilkins. C, of all people, ran into people he knew there. I found Heather her future husband, too... maybe I can get them together soon.
I've got Jury Duty in a week or so. I hope it gets cancelled, but at the same time, it's a day off work. I got a traffic light ticket in the mail a couple of weeks ago. My picture was taken "running a red light" on the day before I left Dallas. Yippee. Watch those cameras, people.
I got very spoiled to only having to work half a day between Christmas Eve and New Years Day. Niiiice. Speaking of Christmas, it was a good one, but I'm equally as glad that it's over. It's the first time I've really felt that way, but I was so glad when the last present was opened! C & I got to spend a LOT of time together, too. He and I were both off at the same time and it spoiled me into thinking what it might be like someday. Iffin'
I wish life was as easy as it appears on tv. Or, maybe there should actually be a show based on real life. Real problems. Real fights. Real make up. Real desire. Real love. Really real.