10.08.2007

leaving on a fast train

I'm leaving around 6:30 in the morning and heading two hrs south east for an interview which could change my life. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. I have a job I like now. I like my co-workers (as crazy as they make me). I like the challenges and I like the money. What I don't like is being so far from those I love and being on the road every single weekend. I want to spend more time together than apart, for once. I want to actualy stay home. So, tomorrow could be the first step in that direction.

I feel very guilty about the whole process because my boss and I have spent hours talking about people who are looking and interviewing- even one on our own team. Not once did I hint about what I was doing. What happens if I have to walk in one day very soon and give notice? Ugh. That's the only part I'm dreading. Our team is new. I'm the only one who knows it all (well- enough). But, I can't live my life to help my boss. I've done that for almost three years now, anyway.

I've spent the last hour trying to find an outfit that's not hideous and while I will probably be very uncomfortable, isn't that what interviewing is supposed to be? I'm meeting with five people for 45 minutes each and then they're all taking me to lunch.. that sounds promising, right?

I will try to stay motivated and update when I get home tomorrow. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds VERY promising! Good Luck, Sara!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you lots of luck!!

Erica said...

Good luck sister!

Heather said...

I hope it went well, Sara! *crossing my fingers for you*

Diane Mandy said...

I hope it went well!

Anonymous said...

Great work.