On the contrary..

I haven't stopped posting, per se... I just haven't had time. It's been a whirlwind few days to say the least. Let me see if I can give you a run down, one bullet at a time.
  • Thursday, they made me an offer. A damn good one, complete with relocation. It's a few dollars less than I make now, but it's VERY good for the market I'm moving to.
  • Friday, I bit my tongue and told only those closest to me. I told the recruiter I wanted to take the weekend to think about it. The truth is, I wanted to take the weekend and talk to C, since this is a HUGE step in the right direction for us. If his heart isn't in it, there's no need in me moving. Turns out, his heart is in the same place as mine.
  • Saturday, we drove to Jacksonville, detouring though Henderson which is where we hope to find a home to rent. It will be difficult and may not happen by the time we start, but I'm hopeful. Henderson is in the middle of where we each need to be- me 30 minutes west and he's 30 minutes east. However, we're open to options.. possibly the south Kilgore area and all small towns in between. If anyone knows anyone in that area, PLEASE let me know.. it's my last and only thing to worry about!
  • Sunday, we rested. We went to lunch, looked at cars (since I will FINALLY be able to comfortably afford one) and just hung out with each other. We enjoyed a scrumptious meal in Shreveport at one of those Japanese restaurants where they cook at your table. YUM!
  • Monday. Oh Monday. That was the day I accepted the position. And I called ads in the paper for houses for rent. And I called real estate offices in hopes they also handled rentals, all to no avail. There is a house that will be ready in a couple of weeks that is being "redone". It's a three bedroom in Overton. Google it, I did. C and I relaxed on the porch, watching a blazing fire which resulted from him cleaning out his closet. I'm taking mine to Goodwill- he burned his... and what was left of hers. Shoes and all. It was very cathartic for him. Me? I took target practice on a cock-- a rooster, for those of you wondering. We found a nice ceramic pencil holder in the back bedroom and I made handy use of his .22. Blew the head right off and a couple more shots left him in shambles. *baCOCK*
  • Today, I worked. And I worked hard. The only break I took was to go to the doctor to try and heal the ringworm my dog seems to have given me. We got another termination today. . it wasn't mine though. I called my boss who was on vacation about 5:30 and gave notice. We talked for an hour and a half. It was full of "What the hell am I going to do" and "I hate it for me, but I'm happy for you" comments. And I believe that she is. I put it in writing in a very nice email, thanking her for the years and for being a great teacher, mentor and friend. And I honestly feel that way. I told her that phone call was harder than breaking up with a few guys I've dated.

So, now you're all caught up, internet. I'm moving on.. and fast. It's crazy how one phone call on a Thursday could change my life. Stick around.. there's plenty more to come.


Anonymous said...

Congrats Sara!! I'm very excited for you... and C!! =]

Diane Mandy said...

Yey!!! I'm sooo happy for you! Can' wait to hear more.

V said...

I couldn't be happier for you, Sara!

Anonymous said...

Wow, glad to hear everything's falling into place for you guys! Thoughts and prayers that everything continues to work out.

Anonymous said...

first off...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I am pleased as punch for you and C!!

now about that 'cleansing' thing you did, and the .22... oh my goodness i almost choked on my bagel!!!!!!!!! oh why oh why didnt i do that!!!!!!!!!!???

Woodrow said...

Cool beans.

The hilarity of C tossing some heels into the fireplace could only be topped by you blasting away at a ceramic cock pencil holder. Wow. That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! I knew it would work out the way it should. Everything happens for a reason!

Anonymous said...

so happy for you both, Sara!!!! yay!

(i have to get my map out to see where you will be living!)

Anonymous said...


I have been impatiently awaiting this blog since your status update on myspace!!

I am so thrilled for you!!

Dilute some bleach and sponge it on the ringworm ~ it has always worked for me, it's my grandmothers home remedy. I always had kittens growing up and seems like I would get one every summer. Our oldest boy got a case of them this summer and the bleach solution along with a bleach bath and some neosporin cleared them up in about a week.

Allison said...


This sounds like a great move!!

Love ya, Allison

matt said...

Wow, Sara, exciting! You better keep us in the loop...

My brother used the bleach solution when he had ringworm; it worked pretty well. So I'll second Kimmie's suggestion.

The Bridges Family said...

Congrats Sara!

Things always seem to have a way of working out... :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! :)