3.20.2008

Maundy, Maundy

Today is Maundy Thursday, 2008. In case you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about:
In the Christian liturgical calendar, Maundy Thursday or Holy Thursday is the feast or holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter that commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles. It is the fifth day of Holy Week, and is preceded by Holy Wednesday and followed by Good Friday.

On this day four events are commemorated: the washing of the Disciples' feet by Jesus Christ, the institution of the Mystery of the Holy Eucharist at the Last Supper, the agony of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane, the betrayal of Christ by Judas Iscariot.


I don't have any special plans, but it's interesting just the same. Maybe I'll get a pedicure.

Today is also the first day of spring, 2008! Fitting that the weather will be PERFECT. I'm looking so forward to the weekend- as usual. We're only working half a day tomorrow, so for that I'm glad. I love having my "moonroof" open when the weather is nice. Pretty soon it'll be too hot, though. When did they stop calling it a "sunroof" anyway?

This is the most stressful week I've had yet. My boss is out of town, so I don't have her to deflect me from the intimidating supervisors questioning why our inventory is so horrendous. I've got answers though and I'm pretty confident I can hush them... at least until she gets back. I don't know why I feel like that number is my responsibility-- I have absolutely nothing to do with production-- but I do. My stomach was in knots all day yesterday... I'm such a people pleaser. So far I've only had one visitor, but the day is young.

I'm selling our opening day tickets. Well, I'm going to attempt to sell them, anyway. Since C is going hunting in Colorado this fall (E, there's an extra couple of spots), he needs all the vacation time he has. And since opening day falls on a Tuesday AND we have plans to go to a game the following Sunday, it just made since to ditch the expensive bitches and enjoy a weekend instead of driving up and back on the same day, mid-week. If anyone is interested in the tickets, let me know. Be warned that they're hellaciously expensive, even if you pay what I paid. Yesterday, I checked the site where I bought them and tickets three rows from mine are listed for $100 more than what I paid in January, so Mama's hoping for a profit! I'm listing them tonight and if no one buys them, then we'll just have to go. Sounds like a plan to me.

My car is still kicking ass. My current tank of gas is averaging 28mpg. Rock on.

Saturday, we're celebrating C's dad's birthday with crawfish. I don't eat the boogers, but I'll enjoy the sunshine and the corn (and beer). I'm planning on church on Sunday and lunch at my mama's. I bought a new dress for Easter and let me tell you, a) I'm glad it was on sale and b) I'm glad I'm going to the gym. Ick.

Y'all take care.

No comments: