12.11.2008

Clueless

If you start peeing your pants just go to the hospital, okay? Just go.


Now's when I confess that I'm more than a little scared I won't know when it's "time". Sure, there are all sorts of things that are "supposed" to happen, but guess what- they don't always. Apparently, it's not always like on tv. How will I know that my back ache is actually "back labor"? Or, like today, if my super hard belly is a contraction or just my child in a ball (still don't know)? I've never done this birthin' business before and I think I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, so what if I confuse contractions with heartburn? I should also mention that I live a solid hour away from the hospital. Forty-five minutes if I'm coming from work. So, some people prefer to "labor at home" until they're really going good. Me? I'll probably be in labor for three days before I realize it and I'll have the baby in the floorboard of the Camry. Nice mental image, eh?

-------------

This morning, I got an email notifying me I'd won this adorable onesie from the Etsy Baby Blog giveaway! Yay for PeaPie!

-------------

AND, I just got word that the art I commissioned for my kitchen is finished! Too bad the kitchen isn't!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you'll know when it's labor..believe me. it'll be alot more intense than anything you have experienced thus far..you'll know ;)

Jenn(Mo)

Anonymous said...

with my MULTITUDE of miscarriage and still no child believe you me YOU will know when you are in labor...oh lord jesus you will know...sorry not trying to scare you but just letting you know not to worry about that! great I didnt help did i?

Anonymous said...

sorry that was me..Amy

Erica said...

I don't know nothing bout birthin' no babies...but I LOVE that artwork!!

Anonymous said...

don't ask me, I was in labor at a baseball game and later walked into the hospital at 4 cm dilated. The only thing I can say is pay attention to your breathing, if you have to stop what you are doing and concentrate on the pain...it MIGHT be the real thang!

Cute kitchen and baby stuff there...now I have to ask, is it 'bag-lee' or 'bay-glee'????

Maureen

Anonymous said...

First? Love, love, love the onesie!

Second I'm so sorry if my pant's peeing comment scared you. I did not know I was in labor. Even at almost 42 weeks pregnant. Even after 3 phone calls to my sister who has had 4 children.

She assured me that when I was in labor I "would know it". I didn't know it. Maybe I was in denial because I was scared. Whatever the case, I still maintain that if you start peeing your pants, just go to the hospital.

If you want to read my labor story: http://addiebaby.wordpress.com/2007/12/01/d-day/

Sara said...

Meg, it didn't scare me- it actually made me laugh. Then I thought about it and realized that may be the best advice I've received to date!

The Pifer's said...

Hey girl, I left you soemthing on my page!

Diane Mandy said...

Both the onesie and artwork are GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I know nothin....but I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

hi! i check out ur blog sometimes from tiffany's! just thought i would throw my 2 cents in here! trust me, u will KNOW when "its time"!!! i thought the same things when i was 9 mos prego and BOY did i ever know when it was time. U will do fine! i had back labor during pushing and all that, and again- U WILL KNOW when its back labor. its like no pain u have EVER felt. but some get so lucky and dont have any of that :)
good luck girl!

April said...

Very entertaining. Hello-I found your blog through design mom.

Love the little onsie, and SO glad you don't have to take off any tags of clothes your little boy may or may not wear!