7.27.2009

Fruit Salad

You know when you haven't written anything in a while and you think, "I really need to update that thing" but then the baby shits and your husband has reports to work on and you find yourself doing the 100 other things that need doing instead? Yeah. That's where I've been. Doing other stuff.

Other stuff that does not include taking pictures of my child. So, for those who only care about the pictures, you can leave now. He's still cute, you'll just have to take my word for it. I'm a bad, lazy mommy who hasn't documented his six month of life for crap.

Since my last confession:

  • Carter has cut yet another tooth. On the top this time. What? Slow the eff down, son.
  • He's also sitting. Albeit wobbly- it's definetly a sit. Seriously. Slow the eff down.
  • He sat so good yesterday that I let him fall over without catching him and misjudged where his melon would land which resulted in a thud on the not so padded part of the pallet followed by a scream. Followed by a "DO I NEED TO TAKE MY CHILD AWAY FROM YOU WOMAN?"
  • I also tried my hand at making baby food yesterday. The faces said it all and what they said was "This shit is disgusting. If you don't watch it, I'll make you wear it again, lady." Yes, I said, "again".
  • My nomination for mommy of the year has been revoked.
  • I got sick last weekend. Friday night I was pretty sure I was going to die. Saturday, I knew I was. I finally got to the doctor on Tuesday with symptoms completely different from Friday. Two shots fixed my fever... and effectively KILLED my milk supply.
  • So now I'm dealing with that.
  • But one thing I'm not dealing with is a sick kid. GO ME and my magic milk.
  • I joined Weight Watchers. So far, I'm down 6.2 lbs. The sickness booster worked. Too bad my appetite is back with a vengance.
  • Tomorrow is my Lasik evaluation. I'm all grow'd up and not scared of the laser now, Ma.
  • In addition, my son bit me with his new fangled teeth. Dammit it hurt. I cried, I'm not going to lie. Now I nurse in anticipation.
  • Did you know nipples could turn purple?

I know no one wants to hear about my perils of breastfeeding. I get it. Most of my (5) readers don't even have children. But, it's my life and thus, I'm writing about it. Believe me, it's only the tip of the iceburg so consider yourselves lucky.

8 comments:

Jamie Heath said...

Girl you make ma laugh!!!! Can't wait to see new pics of Carter and hang in there!!!

Unknown said...

You are one funny FUNNY girl! Much enjoyed post... almost as much as I enjoy the pictures. KIDDING! XOXO

StephanieG said...

Hang in there! Congrats on WW. ( I don't even want to THINK about that!)

I'm pretty sure you MOTY nomination will NOT be revoked!

You could post a pic of that butterball spitting up on a daily basis for all I care and I'd still be ok with that. I'm sure you're being a perfectionist with all his photos!!

Cristal said...

So glad you updated! Sorry you were sick. Being sick in the summer is the worst!

Gabrielle said...

I'm glad you are feeling better now! Where does the time go?!? That's all I want to know...

Anonymous said...

I read this and I have lots of kids. Talk about boobs all you like, you can't scare me away.

Jenn(missouri)

BebeBelle said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I love your most recent post. My youngest is 1 month old, so I totally feel your "Nipple" pain! Hang in there. :)

Anonymous said...

Being one of the non-momma, non-breastfeeding ones...I say bring on the breastfeeding talk. There is nothing scary or yucky about it (other than the thought of a baby biting on a nipple with new teeth *ouch*) We are all strong women, we can take some breastfeeding talk.

Kathy V