8.13.2009

Nobody's gettin' any younger...

Last weekend, we went to Baton Rouge for my brother-in-law's graduation from LSU. I wasn't really looking forward to the trip because 5+ hours in a car with a seven month old sounded more like torture than fun. But, turns out I had nothing to worry about. We kept his belly full, which in turn made him sleep- imagine that! It works the same way with me! In any case, it was a successful trip, complete with a dip in the hotel pool. He also fell asleep during graduation and on the sweaty walk back to the car- see?



--------------

Remember when I said he had four teeth? Scratch that, there are six now. Well, technically five, with a sixth making my life a LIVING HELL until it comes through. He really is a great baby, even when teething, but damn those little teeth make him cranky. And me, since I haven't slept through the night in a couple of weeks either.

We tried YoBaby yogurt the other night and I thought he was going to leap from his Bumbo chair and attack me. I couldn't load the spoon quick enough for him which resulted in him yelling at me with his mouth open like my very own baby bird.

--------------



---------------

Lately I've been noticing just how much I let fear control my life. Just about any idea I have gets pushed to the side in a "someday" file. Why not today? Because I'm scared. Everyone knows that taking the first step is the hardest part, yet it's always the most rewarding because it's a step towards something wanted. When did I become such a scaredy cat? When did my I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR voice turn into a kitten's meow? I'm really starting to get disgusted with myself about it, too. But then, I'm too scared to do anything about it so I might as well just get over it, right?

Wrong.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Just....do it. Jump. You'll be surprised how easy it was...once you get to the bottom :)